SLEEP APNEA HELPFUL HINTS
1. If you notice any of the following, please contact your physician
a. Running nose
b. Nasal, sinus or ear pain
c. Symptoms of sleep apnea or snoring re-occur
d. Lightheadedness or Dizziness
2. If your skin becomes irritated at a pressure point, use a band-aid type adhesive strip over the area, and notify PHCS.
3. Do not over-tighten your mask, an occasional small leak is better than an over-tightened mask.
4. Try to use the CPAP every night even if you can’t keep it on all night. Falling asleep with the CPAP is the first challenge; soon you will be able to get a more restful sleep.
5. Wash your face before using the CPAP to remove excess skin oil, and prolong the life of the mask.